Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The wreath that took too long.

Seriously.  This wreath has been sitting in my guest room for ohhhh...six months?  With the arrival of Pinterest in my life, I immediately began making fabric flowers.  Couldn't get enough of them.  I had all the flowers done and resting on top of the wreath For. Ever.  And today I made one more flower and called it good.  Here's how the last flower went down:

Just free-hand a flowerish looking template.  Mine was faaar from perfect.  Then a circle.  I used six flowers.

Fold each flower in half, then in half again.

Snip off the end, and apply your fabric glue...or hot glue...or some sort of sticky substance.

Then just start glueing.  There's no right way to do this.  This is how it looked with three petals on.

 And from the back after I've added three more.

I hot glued all the flowers to my waiting wreath, and attached it to the door using a ribbon and a flat thumb tack.  The final product:

I like it!  But I probably would have liked it more if it hadn't been such a ridiculously long project...

Now I'm off to start my fall wreath.  Or maybe I should aim for spring...