Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was pretty low key. 

Friday night we went to a gender reveal party for an expecting friend.  And yes, that is a legitimate sort of party.  Any excuse, y'all, any excuse...














We all wore pink, guessing she was having a girl, and we were right!  Whoop!



Saturday I made a measly offering to my friend's yard sale.  I didn't make a bunch (because I didn't bring a bunch), but I DID get to hang out in perfect weather all morning, talk to my awesome friend and drink Santa's White Christmas coffee.  So yeah.  Good morning.  I didn't mean to, but I came home with a couple garage sale finds...



Oh yeah.  VHS baby.  We still got one.  And that's Anthony's Brook's Brothers polo he snagged for fifty cents.

Sunday afternoon my genius husband invented a way to pick up our leaves (quite possibly my least favorite part about this wonderful season we call fall).  He got a piece of thin, flexible plastic and kinda just scooped them up like a giant leaf taco.

 You'll notice my face is all squinched up here...there were little gnats swarming around my eyeballs at this particular time.


We hauled them over to "the woods" and dumped!  Then, we slid back down the hill on the plastic.  Yep.  That's how it's done at the Johnson Casa.










We also paused for a few obligatory Darcy-Frolicking-In-The-Leaves shots.  Those are always a win.







 What a cutie pie.

So that was the weekend.  How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment