Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Heart Garlands

I will garland something in a hot second.  Yesterday?  Pom-poms.  Today?  Hearts.  Who knows what the future may bring...

It's the day of LOVE, people!  Commercial or not, this is something to be celebrated!  With much gusto!  In preparation for this exciting event, I swung by 2nd and Charles last night to pick up some lovely free book...something that spoke of love and beauty.  Poems, music, sonnets...  As it turns out, it was slim pickings in the "Free Books" bins.  Soooo, we ended up with a dictionary.  And not just any dictionary.


 A Law Dictionary.  Oh yeah.  Can't you feel the beauty and love?

Look closely, and my symbols of love and affection actually talk about "subleases" and "verba accipienda sunt secundu subjectam materiam".  I couldn't make that up.

Not much of a tutorial to give here, folks.  I'm going to assume that the majority of you learned to fold a piece of paper in half and cut out a heart somewhere around the first grade.  Take that knowledge, and use it, my friend.  

I taped up my twine first, then took my trusty glue gun to the hearts I cut out.  Not an ounce of measuring...we're just going for an "eclectic" look.  Some call it lazy...


Mmmmm.  Love me some garland.  If you've got ten minutes and an extra book and construction paper, go garland something!

1 comment:

  1. I dont think its lazy at all! I think its cute! :) You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Hearts Craft Challenge :-) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/43/those-tiny-toes-hearts-craft

    xo,
    Candie

    ReplyDelete